Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The University of the Future

"My daughter is 3 years old. In October 2023, she will probably go to University. What will that university look like? Where will it be? Will it be anywhere?"

This blog is about the future of Tertiary Education. What will it look like in 10, 20 or 30 years? What about 2100? Can we even guess? Is there enough momentum in current trends to infer the future, or is there simply too much uncertainty to try? What are the key trends, and what is just short term noise?

I like to kick off by making some promises:
  • Posts will be on topic. No asides about my Cat. Find me on Facebook for that.
  • I'll try and avoid posts that simply link new or cool to something unless I have something to add. I'll probably hook in my shared items from Google reader in on the side so you can see what I'm marking as interesting to the topic if you wish.
  • No promises on post frequency. I'll post as and when I feel like it.
I hope you enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment